Thursday, November 22, 2012

THANKSGIVING AND MORE!


Well, Hello again!  Thanks to all of you who asked if "I was still here" and I have to say, "yes" I am but it has been a rough past 3 months.  I won't go into detail but lets just say, "There was a lot of pain involved" but I am on the mend again!"  THANKFUL!  
So I thought I would show you a few pictures of my Thanksgiving decor before I take it down tomorrow!  LOL  
Welcome to my home...



Before you enter see the little Turkey near the center of the Potting Bench below?  Well, he was purchased at the PX (they called them that then) at Ft. Leonard Wood, MO. way back in 1951, my first married Thanksgiving and the branches, etc are the originals.  Every year I plan to change them out for something more current, but somehow that just doesn't seem to be the thing to do


Front entry table and my first piece of REAL artwork done by an artist right here in Sun City.


Here is that Hutch again...do you love dishes the way I do???  I have several sets "just for show" on my hutch.  Love to change them out with the seasons.


A kind, sweet neighbor was going through her Fall decorations and decided she couldn't use these darling bears so SHE GAVE THEM TO ME!  Do I have great neighbors or what!



This is a checkered runner, over a burlap runner.  The "Cake Stand" was my Grandmothers and the glass candle holders are new, from Target.  The Pumpkin is from Walmart and the candles go on and off by themselves!  Love that!


My collection of Thanksgiving Byer's Choice Carolers.  I actually saw them being made at their Factory in PA.  I have several for other Holidays and always love to display them.


Here's a Craft Show find this year...it is so cute when lit. 





~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

And now, the reason I am so very THANKFUL this holiday season is my sweet, wonderful Great Grand Baby, Colin.  I saw him in October when I traveled to MN. when he was 4 months old.  What do you think?  Cute, eh?



~ * ~ *~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ 

BTW, how do you like the "New Look" for my Blog.  I really hated the old so
 PLUMROSE LANE.com
 took on the challenge and did a great job.  If you ever need help with your BLOG DESIGN just contact Sharon and you will love working with her.  I did, and recommend her highly!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Enough for now, I hope you all had your Best Happy Thanksgiving and are looking forward to the wonderful Christmas Holiday!

{{HUGS}}

9 comments:

  1. Hi Mom I like the new look for your blog. It looks just like you! Your house looks great as it always does! Hope you had a nice dinner with your friend. We had ours about 6 pm and now am about ready for bed. Talk to you soon! Love, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look and your house is a wonderful place. Love it all. I would keep the turkey too. BTW I lover Byers Carolers, and have a few Christmas ones,but have never seen the Thanksgiving ones! I may have to have a couple of them before next Thanksgiving. I have some pilgrims Michael carved and that is, except for a pair of stump pilgrims that were a gift. Well, it is so good to see you posting again!Yeah You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I have missed you very much. I'm sorry you've had a hard 3 months. I hope you are doing much better now. Your home looks beautiful. I love all of your fall decorations. The kids helped me take mine down before they left yesterday. Now they are in a heap in my game room floor. I will organize them and put them away today so I can start getting out the Christmas stuff.

    Take care of yourself and come back to visit me.... I've missed you sweet friend. Hugs, Lura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ps.... Yes I do like your new blog look

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back Joy! I agree, Colin is cute :-). And I love your new blog look

    Goedele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grandma,
    The new look of your blog looks awesome. I was wondering when you were going to post again! Can't wait to see you in just a few short weeks. Love & miss you

    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you are on the mend Joy. I think your blog header is beautiful! I have the same red on my doors too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joy - yes dear lady...it's me...LATE but I'm here.
    Now I must say i'm sorry I haven't been here.
    Your decorations are sooooo festive.
    What a beautiful great gandbaby...adorable.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi joy....what did you do....hope you are feeling better now...i had emergency surgery in sept...love all your fall decor...but my most favorite photo of all is the ggb....wow...he is a sweetie...now don't tease me with just a fall post...i want to see your home all decked out for christmas.....get busy girlfriend....merry christmas joy..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...