Sunday, October 10, 2010

One of My Projects

This is the lantern/light fixture I found at Habitat-For-Humanity several months ago and here it is all taken apart before I started messing with it.  So I removed the glass, the candle sleeves and the reflector.  I painted the reflector metallic gold and it was toooooo bright so I sanded and sanded and even ran a little stain over it to dull it down.  I painted the (dirty) candle sleeves white and after stuffing them with rolled up paper towels, I dripped Hot Glue over the tops to (hopefully) look like candle-drips.  Then I sprayed them with Matte spray (so the Antiqueing wouldn't "grab") and Antiqued them with water-based brown antiquing and wiped it off with a damp rag so they wouldn't look dirty.  I rewired the wires sticking out the back together onto an extension cord so I could plug it in when I use it on the center of my mantle for Christmas with greens, tiny lights and apple and pear trimmed garlands.  I love the way it turned out!  LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...