Thursday, May 27, 2010


Dear Friends: Now that it is almost summer I am finally getting finished with Spring decor. I have this lovely bunch of "coneflowers" made by Shari at HOMESPUN AND PRIMITIVES out of sort of a stiffened felt. They are so "Prim" and when I was adding a little "mustard color" to my great room after the Christmas holidays, they were just the touch I needed for the fireplace mantel. (Now if I can just get the picture on here this will make sense.)
In a day or so I fly off to Minnesota, which is "going home" for me. Grandson is graduating from high school and I can't miss it. He's a great kid, totally in love with his car. :-) Will spend a few days with my daughter (his mom) and we plan to take in a huge Flea Market. That will be fun so I usually bring an extra suitcase to bring back my goodies rather than ship by Fed-X, etc. Last time I visited there I took a long, narrow basket to get a price on shipping it..the fee was $58 so I carried it on the plane as one of my two allowable "carry-on" items and didn't have to pay anything. After Minnesota I will travel to Iowa where my 13 yr. old Granddaughter will take part in a Dance recital and probably talk "Prim" decorating with her mom (my first-born) the rest of the time.
So I won't be posting for a couple of weeks or months. I don't want you all to get overwhelmed! LOL and :-)
Hugs, Joy

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Joy....well you have a wonderful start to blogging and glad you are a part of our little world.
    Love Shari's work...the Coneflowers are adorable and fit in any decor - love how you have them displayed.

    Have a safe and fun trip back to my neck of the woods....congratulations to your grandchildren on their achievements and enjoy your family.

    Happy Memorial Holiday.

    Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, love the way you have displayed the flowers! They look great!! Thanks for posting!!

    Hugs,
    Shari

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...